Tuesday, December 4, 2007

National Bored of Review Predix

OMG did ya get that? DID YA GET IT?! I'm so obvious witty, right?

Anyway, I am tres bored and as I was about to go watch Dracula: Pages from a Virgin's Diary on my DVR, I had a bizarre impulse to take a stab at the NBR awards, who announce... tomorrow? Some time this week! Anyway, I did decently last year if I remember correctly so let's have another go, shall we? Unlike last year I'm not bothering to see what studios all these movies are from, because the NBR sure do love to spread the wealth. Tralala...

Best Picture
No Country for Old Men

Top Ten (alpha order)
Away from Her
Into the Wild
Knocked Up
The Kite Runner
Michael Clayton
No Country for Old Men

Best Actress
Julie Christie, Away from Her

Best Actor
Johnny Depp, Sweeney Todd

Best Supporting Actor
Javier Bardem, No Country for Old Men

Best Supporting Actress
Jennifer Garner, Juno

Best Director
Sean Penn, Into the Wild

Best Directorial Debut
Ben Affleck, Gone Baby Gone

Best Screenplay - Original
Michael Clayton

Best Screenplay - Adapted

Breakthrough Performance - Male
Sam Riley, Control

Breakthrough Performance - Female
Ellen Page - Juno

Best Documentary

Best Acting by an Ensemble
I'm Not There

Best Foreign Film
4 Months, 3 Weeks, 2 Days
The Diving Bell and the Butterfly
La Vie en Rose
Lady Chatterly
Ten Canoes

Best Animated Feature

Freedom of Expression
In the Valley of Elah

But, let's face it, I have no idea.


adam k. said...

Did you not like the Hugh pic? : (

Kamikaze Camel said...

Of course I did!

adam k. said...

You didn't say anything : (

Kamikaze Camel said...

My adulation for anything Hugh should be implied! :)

GayAsXmas said...

Do you not think that Sweeney will be in the top 10? Or is not eligible because of its release date?

Kamikaze Camel said...

I just don't think it'll be there.