Sunday, December 23, 2007

Merry Christmas from Glenn (and Pia Zadora!)

I can't guarantee that I'll have time tomorrow/technically today (umm... it's Christmas Eve incase you're unaware) to post anything. I'll try and get something up, but don't bet on anything other than another 100 Greatest Movie Posters entry. My Christmas this year will be very odd as I will be waking up in a house all by my lonesome. I'm going to get up, put Mariah Carey's "All I Want For Christmas Is You" on repeat for several hours, cook myself a nice big Chrissy breakfast, perhaps take a nap and then head on over to the mother's place. We won't be eating until 7pm though which is a frightening prospect because the brother and the brother's fiance don't get back from Wang* until then.

That also means we can't open the majority of presents until then either, which is downright mean if you ask me.

Modern Times is randomly on TV at 1pm on SBS so since I won't be eating Christmas lunch at that time, perhaps I could waste some time and watch that (I've been meaning to get that on DVD for so long). Although I'm not sure if it can beat the daytime movie I watched last Christmas day - the epic masterpiece known as Santa Claus Conquers the Martians - but we'll see! I mean, Modern Times doesn't have Pia Zadora** so it's already lagging behind. PIA ZADORA, PEOPLE!!!

Hell, making the festive banner at the top of the blog has got me in the mood to watch Jack Frost. I have no hesitation in calling that slasher flick one of the all time funniest experiences I've ever had. I mean, Shannon Elizabeth gets raped by a carrot weilding snowman!!!! It's brilliant. Not to mention the fact that she blowdries her hair... and then has a bath! omgwtf? Man, I love that movie.

Aaanyway. I hope y'all have a great Christmas. And if you don't celebrate Christmas then I hope you go to the movies or whatever. Go see Atonement. It's good! Or Sweeney Todd, perhaps. There's plenty out right now. Such is the plight of December at the cinema. I'm seeing Enchanted on Boxing Day so that'll be fun!

As a Christmas gift here is the single greatest Christmas song of all time. "Silent Night"? Pfft! "Jingle Bells"? Only the Babs version is worth my time! "Little Drummer Boy?" HATE! But, Mariah Carey's "All I Want For Christmas Is You"? A-M-A-Z-I-N-G-! Watch Mariah throw snowballs! Watch Mariah jump on Santa's lap and give him rabbit ears! Watch Mariah shake presents! As I said, A-M-A-Z-I-N-G-!

* Wangaratta, but isn't it far more humourous to call it Wang for short? Teehee. Merry Christmas.

** Isn't Pia Zadora amazing?


adam k. said...

Whoa, that new banner pic makes me feel dirty. Ewww

eroslane said...


You should enjoy this short greeting from her:


adam k. said...

Wow, what the hell is going on in that thread about the full moon. I think someone there just hit on me. I've left yet another comment.

And ew, that banner pic still makes me feel gross.

Kamikaze Camel said...

Adam, you should see Jack Frost. It's amazing and the carrot thing will be put into proper context.