Friday, December 28, 2007

I Appreciate You (aka That Song Meme Thing)


I got tagged a while back by JD to do this song meme that goes through the blogosphere every few months or so in a new (but not terribly different) incarnation. The last time I did something similar I got some freakishly accurate/prophetic answers (my "break up song" is apparently "I Am Telling You I'm Not Going" from Dreamgirls, natch) so let's see what it cooks up this time, shall we?

Plus, I just got home from seeing The Golden Compass and I'm tres bored.

The Rules:
1. Put your music player on Shuffle
2. For each question, press the next button to get your answer.
3. YOU MUST WRITE THAT SONG NAME DOWN NO MATTER WHAT (this is in capital letters, so it is very serious.)


1. IF SOMEONE SAYS “IS THIS OKAY” YOU SAY? "Maps" by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs

I never just say "Maps!" to people unless their name is Maps, in which case I would be asking why the hell their name is Maps.

2. WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY? "The Future Holds a Lion's Heart" by Darren Hayes

Umm... no it's not.

3. WHAT DO YOU LIKE IN A GUY/GIRL? "Waiting for the Siren's Call" by New Order

Well, I think a man's voice can be incredibly sexy, so I'll take this one!

4. HOW DO YOU FEEL TODAY? "Bliss" by Tori Amos

I wouldn't go so far as to say today was "bliss", but it was fairly decent as days go. Ya know?

5. WHAT IS YOUR LIFE’S PURPOSE? "Groove Thang" by Zhane

Uh-huh. I live for a funky beat, it's true.

6. WHAT IS YOUR MOTTO? "Girls in Their Summer Clothes" by Bruce Springsteen

I don't think I've ever said this. Not once.

7. WHAT DO YOUR FRIENDS THINK OF YOU? "I'm Your Man" by Wham!

Hah. I sure am and don't you forget it!

8. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR PARENTS? "Bridging the Gap" by NaS

...sure they are.

9. WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT VERY OFTEN? "So Do I Say Sorry First?" by Stephanie McIntosh

Completely ignoring the fact that I do indeed have Steph Mc on my iPod I don't tend to think this very often. I mean, why should I be apologising (or considering it) when I AM ALWAYS RIGHT? Answer me that!

10. WHAT IS 2+2? "Bombs Up In My Face" by Darren Hayes

Well, no, it's 4, but nice try Darren.

11. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR BEST FRIEND? "The Pink Room" by Angelo Badalamenti

...she's a woman, if that's what this implies.

12. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE PERSON YOU LIKE? "Cutie by Jamelia

I don't see a connection between the question and the song title at all. Do you?! :p

13. WHAT IS YOUR LIFE STORY? "Stairway to Heaven" by Dolly Parton

Is my life story a better version of someone else's who is much more heralded and well-known? I'M SURE IT IS!

14. WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GROW UP? "Skin" by Madonna

...umm...

15. WHAT DO YOU THINK WHEN YOU SEE THE PERSON YOU LIKE? "Feelin' Good" by Muse

Well, I don't tell them that, but sure...

16. WHAT DO YOUR PARENTS THINK OF YOU? "Fuckin' Awesome" by Spiderbait

HAHAH! Now that's amazing. If only it were true :/

17. WHAT WILL YOU DANCE TO AT YOUR WEDDING? "Weapon of Choice by Fatboy Slim

Will Chris Walken be there?

18. WHAT WILL THEY PLAY AT YOUR FUNERAL? "I'm Lonely (But I Ain't That Lonely Yet)" by the White Stripes

Aww... I think.

19. WHAT IS YOUR HOBBY/INTEREST? "Gansta Trippin'" by Fatboy Slim

Man, oh man! Do I ever! I'm so gangsta!!

20. WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST SECRET? "International Feel" by Todd Rundgren

Er... not exactly.

21. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR FRIENDS? "I'm Super! Thanks For Asking!" by the Cast of South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut

Well, they are super, thanks for asking.

22. WHAT SHOULD YOU POST THIS AS? "I Appreciate You" by Ricki-Lee

Everybody now: Awwww

No comments: