1. Cyndi Lauper - Cyndi's first album She's So Unusual was released in 1983 and this film is set in 1983.
2. Russell Crowe appeared in the movie Romper Stomper, which is about skinheads. This movie is also about skinheads.
3. Robbie Williams' Rudebox album has a song called "The '80s", which is like a song version of this movie.
4. Anthony Edwards plays "Goose" in Top Gun. The lead actor in this film is Thomas Turgoose.
5. Sinead O'Connor has a shaved head, much like the main characters in this movie.
6. This is a meadow. The film's director is Shane Meadows.
7. There is a character called "Smell" (because it rhymes with Michelle)
8. The movie is set during the Falklands War and this is the Falkland Island coat of arms.
9. Shane Meadow has a film called Twenty Four Seven and this image was the cover of Twenty 4 Seven's "Slave to the Music" single.
So, incase you haven't already figured it out, the answer is:
Hey, I never said the clues were literal. Congrats to "Anonymous" for getting it from the start and to the people who replied, sent emails or messages on Facebook thanks for playing. I'll have another one up soon!