Sunday, December 9, 2007

A Few Words From Amy Ryan


Hi, I am Amy Ryan and I would like to make a statement. Firstly I would like to thank the National Board of Review, the Washington DC film critics, the Los Angeles film critics, the New York film critics, the Boston film critics and the San Francisco film critics for awarding me their best supporting actress award for my performance as the drug-additcted mother of a kidnapped girl in Ben Affleck's Gone Baby Gone. It means a lot and it's nice knowing that even in this day and age that it is possible for even people who aren't famous to win awards for going ugly on screen. It means a lot!

Also, suck on that Cate Blanchett!

Thank you and I hope you all have a pleasant day.

7 comments:

Chinese Odyssey said...

Didn't see that coming at all.

She's likely to get some hometown love from NYFCC too.

Neel Mehta said...

Cate Blanchett responds:

"But... the mimicry! And I'm playing a man! Surely you can't go on and give awards to not-famous people who portray not-famous people!"

Kamikaze Camel said...

Heaven forbid, huh?

I haven't even seen either movie, just fyi, I just thought it'd be amusing.

Sid said...

Add NYFCC to that list! She's sweeping!

Barry said...

She deserves it.

JA said...

Haven't seen the movie, have no desire to see the movie, but I like seeing somebody seemingly come outta nowhere and sweep the critics like this. Good on her.

Kamikaze Camel said...

I think it's very obviously a case of the critics liking the movie (it was very well liked) and wanting to give it something and Amy Ryan is the most accessible and the most natural fit for that. And now they can get the satisfaction of being the ones that really got the ball rolling, especially if she goes on to win the Oscar.