Friday, December 7, 2007

Bloglines?

So, I thought I'd take look at this "google bloglines" thing to see what it was all about. You see, I'm "old fashioned" when it comes to the internet and have that thing called a "favourites menu", but apparently that is quite old hat and instead people sign up to these feeder programs and it has all the blogs all lined up pretty and just... there. I dunno? Am I right?

Anyway, so I typed in the URL for Stale Popcorn and there it was and so I clicked to preview it and OH MY GOD! It looks hideous. Why do people view blogs like that? Everything is out of whack and pictures are all the place and nothing looks even remotely like how I intend people to be seeing.

Do people use these programs? Am I correct in my disapproval or is it actually really good and I just don't have a handle on it yet? Cause I think I'll just keep to good ol' bookmarks.

7 comments:

J.D. said...

I have a Google Reader thing, which I love, but I couldn't agree with you more. I have it more for the fact that everything is there, and then I could just go to the blog if I want to read the post. It's like an alert system, personally. But, sheesh, it's sometimes freakish in the way it displays, mostly since the Reader's margins are wider than they actually are in the post. And once there was a post (I forgot which blog) that came out in Japanese! How the hell did that happen? [explodes]

Kamikaze Camel said...

Yeah, on a blog you've got about 400 pixels across where all the pictures and text goes but on that google thing it has the entire screen and it just... aagh!

JD! Why did you have to make your movie endings blogathon so far away!

J.D. said...

I take it you're finished with your contribution already?

I've been thinking that maybe I should move it up by a week or two. The last week/ten days of this year is just SOOOOO freaking crowded for me, I'm getting on-edge just thinking about it. It's seriously disorientating (I love that word).

Kamikaze Camel said...

No, I'm not finished it. Not at all. But I want to finish it and I won't have the motivation until, like, the day of which tends to be the case with me.

J.D. said...

Ohh. Well, that's still < three weeks away, buddy. :( Purple monkey dishwater.

Anonymous said...

Next week within Bloglines, another feed reader, we'll have a feature which allows you to vie the blog within app. It'll be at beta.bloglines.com

ee

Paul Martin said...

I viewed this post from Bloglines. It alerts me that you have posted, and if the preview in Bloglines interests me, I can click to go to the actual post. Bookmarks are soooo backward in comparison. RSS feeds are the way to go for blogs, news, etc. I even use them for job alerts on SEEK and MyCareer.