Thursday, November 15, 2007

People Say I'm Crazy and I'm Losing My Mind...

...but doesn't Leona Lewis remind you of Michelle Gayle? I can't believe I only just thought of this. Michelle is perhaps one of this generations most unfortunately lost popstars. "Sweetness" is, indeed, the sweetness. She also reminds me of the female r&b/hip-hop artists from America around the late '80s and early '90s. You know, when they actually had talent and personality and not just big tits. Can we go back to that time? Please?

I need to get ahold of Lewis' CD because that "Bleeding Love" song is bloody ace, non?! That bit where she's all "I'll be wearing these scars for everyone to see" is quite beautiful. edit - yes, the album is quite good, but it's not as electrically epic as I would have though after "Bleeding Love". It's sort of like an album you would expect Christina Aguilera to make when she's not making babies or travelling back in time to be a Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy. Actually, it also sounds like a Whitney Houston record from either 20, 15, 10 or 5 years ago. What that says about Whitney and Leona I'm not quite sure. There are a lot of ballads here and when you're 14-track album is made up almost entirely of them it can get a bit irksome. But, nevertheless, it is quite good. Her voice is amazing most of all.

Click here to watch Gayle perform "Sweetness" on Top of the Pops as I can't seem to add it. :(

One of the backup dancer in Michelle's live performance looks like Rihanna - although, not as destinctive as anonymous Australian Idol contestent #2943. Now that was freaky.

No comments: