Friday, November 30, 2007

Nora Ephron is a Genius

Sure, there was Bewitched but there's also Sleepless in Seattle, Silkwood, When Harry Met Sally, You've Got Mail and more both on and off screen. The "more", you could say, includes this speech she gave at Meryl Streep's AFI special. It is, quite possibly, one of the funniest things you'll ever see.


"Some days, when I'm having a hard day, I call up Meryl and she'll come and she'll step in for me. She's so good people don't really notice. I call her at the end of the day to find out how I did and inevitably it's one of the best days I've ever had."

GOLD!

I wish Nora could be this funny on the cinema screen again.

5 comments:

Rural Juror said...

"If the dingo eats your baby, call Meryl"

Hehe

Rural Juror said...

Have you seen Tracey Ullman's speech?

Catherine said...

Hahaha. That was brilliant. The payoff was just gold.

Kamikaze Camel said...

The Tracey one is also funny. The bit about getting second billing is a killer.

I just love how everyone thinks Nora is actually going serious and then she makes the asian joke and it's brilliant.

Rural Juror said...

Limey comedian Stacey Coleman!