Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Johnny Depp Needs A New Photo Shoot

I recently discussed People magazine's "Sexiest Man Alive" issue and how uninspired most of the image selections were - too many sweaters, closeups, movie stills and old photos. Well, I was scanning through Entertainment Weekly's "Top 25 Entertainers of the Year" feature and came across Johnny Depp yet again - yawn - but I noticed a familiarity between EW and People and the use of photographs. I took a screencap of it to illustrate.

Now, from the looks of their website layouts I assume EW and People are part of the same company (I'm not down with US publications, okay) but couldn't they have used different pictures. It's not like these publications don't have more than one solitary photo to use whenever they talk about Depp. And it's not even a good picture! Ugh.

Nevertheless, here are some of the other photos I actually liked. Oh to be in that room with Kyra Sedgwick, Glenn Close, Mary-Louise Parker and Holly Hunter. Oh to be in any room with Shia LaBeouf (even if it is, yes, a recycled image). And I guess Kanye West is pretty cool, too. Click to watch them grow.

1 comment:

Adem With An E said...

I am convinced it is impossible for Shia to ever look unattractive. Holy mother of God.