Thursday, November 22, 2007

I Am Thankful For Christina Ricci

Obviously I don't celebrate Thanksgiving at all, and it's technically not Thanksgiving anymore because it's Friday - am I correct in thinking Thanksgiving is always a Thursday? - but I thought I'd do one of those "what am I thankful for?" posts. And you know what? I'm thankful for Christina Ricci.

Let's face it, everything I know about Thanksgiving I learned from Christina Ricci. For example:

Dear Lord, thank you for this Thanksgiving holiday. And for all the material possessions we have and enjoy. And for letting us white people kill all the Indians and steal their tribal lands and stuff ourselves like pigs, even though children in Asia are being napalmed.

That quote is from The Ice Storm and then there's the little thing known as Addams Family Values in which Christina gives the best supporting actress turn of the year (just ahead of equally precocious Anna Pacquin). I love Addams Family Values. It's quite amazing, don't you think? Christina is really just the tip of the awesome iceburg.

Let's hope Ricci builds on her quite kickarse performance in this year's Black Snake Moan and has the career she deserves instead of appearing is shit like Cursed and Prozac Nation.


Barry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Barry said...

Prozac Nation was not shit and she was definitely not shit in it. I think it's her best performance =)

Kamikaze Camel said...

Oh man, I loathed that movie. I was not surprised in the least that it went direct-to-dvd.

J.D. said...

Thanksgiving is kinda pointless once you think about it. No one really uses it's point of solemn rememberance of not taking things for granted anymore. Just turkey and awkward family gatherings.

And yeah, it's always the fourth Thursday in November.

And Easter is like the seventh sunday after the twelth full moon adjacent to the release of a Ridley Scott film, or something. I never could understand that. All I know is a giant purple bunny and Jesus with a machine gun hold you hostage for eggs. I think.

Barry said...

I wish she made as many movies as some of the other actresses out there. She deserves them.