Friday, November 16, 2007

100 Greatest Movie Posters: #80 - Blow-Up

#80
Blow-Up (1966)
Directed by Michelangelo Antonioni
Unknown Designer
Film Nationality - UK
Poster Nationality - Italy



There are many different posters for Michelangelo Antonioni's Blow-Up, some of which I have included below, but I chose the original 1966 Italian design. The sexy model and her photographer feature prominantly in almost all posters for Blow-Up except the Polish design (why does that not surprise me?) but this original design is the original and the best. There is a reason why this design is so classic and actually iconic. It has a Warhol vibe to me, don't you think? Although this is perhaps the only design for Blow-Up to which I couldn't find an accredited designer. Anybody know? You would think such a famous image would have somebody attached to it.

But, as I said, there are many designs for Blow-Up that work well including another incredible Italian design by Ercole Brini, the German rerelease design which acts as a streamlined version of the original Italian design I have chosen and the Polish one designed by Waldemar Swierzy, which is the only version to actually take the film's title to heart and actually use a blown up image.

2 comments:

ed said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
youyou said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.