Sunday, October 21, 2007

One For the Road


Girl: Why are we out here?

Guy: I don't know.

Girl: You drove us out here, surely you had a reason.

Guy: Maybe I just thought the movie needed another ten minutes or so of cute banter between us because, let's be honest, we haven't been doing much during this movie.

Girl: True.

Guy: I mean, most people want to see some of those Irish hills when they see an Irish movie. We need to give the people what they want!

Girl: Where's my vacuum cleaner?

Guy: You're an idiot.

{FIN}


More on Once later. Needless to say... :(

8 comments:

J.D. said...

Eep.

Yaseen Ali said...

I love you for this, Glenn. A resounding "Hell yeah" to all of the above and more.

I am so, so pleased that someone dislikes this film as well. Between this and the criminally overrated Juno, I was convinced that everyone had lost their minds.

Kamikaze Camel said...

When the movie first ended I thought "B" and then later when I was discussing it with my friends I thought "B-" but now I think "C+" because I just don't see much there. Who knows, if this keeps up it may even go to a "C". It's declining in stature so rapidly so who knows.

James Henry said...

lol This sums up this horrible movie perfectly. I'm glad I'm not the only one who dislikes this movie.

Catherine said...

I'm probably the only person in Ireland who hasn't seen this yet.

Refreshing to come across somebody who doesn't like it.

Kamikaze Camel said...

I thought I'd be getting hit with vitriolic abuse. I'm pleasantly surprised.

Rural Juror said...

GASP! NO.....I loved Once. Scandalous

richardwatts said...

This movie made me weep with joy from the sheer sublime subtle beauty of it all. So go stick your head in a pig, sir! (Is that vitriolic enough for you?)