Sunday, October 21, 2007

LOL Idol

If Australian Idol was mixed with Last Comic Standing then Matt Corby would be the runaway winner after tonight. When I saw his pre-performance package start I had to press record so I could take screengrabs.

Exhibita A-D




I devised that his look is a mixture of many things, and I came up with this:


Blossom + Jennifer Connolly + Marcel Marceau + a birds nest = Matt Corby.


He needs to leave wide-hoop neck shirts to... well, I'd say "the gays" but even they shouldn't wear those revolting things. Once the pre-performance package was over I pressed stop and then he walked out on stage and I had to press record again but, jesus christ, what the fuck is that? Let it be known that he wore this outfit while performing "Music of the Night" from The Phantom of the Opera. Uh-huh.

Exhibits E-H




Australian Idol has featured some dreadful outfits over the years - including Paulini's famous "lose a few pounds" designer dress - but this surely takes the cake. Some weird emo lederhosen mime tennis player's outfit. It even has elements of a designer shirt vest combo. Wow.


And perhaps it's just because a) his voice grates on my nerves and b) I think he's an egotistical little buggar (and judge Kyle Sandilands made reference to a videotape with Corby acting like said egotistical little buggar - something to which Matt defended himself with a "I was having a bad week" throwaway, uh-huh sure) that I just can't stand him. Plus Mark Holdon (the "touchdown" judge) just seems to give this kid more reason to get a bloated ego throwing around touchdowns willy nilly for doing jack all. And Dicko (another judge for you international folk) was dead on right when he said the little teeny girls in the audience would scream for anything that he did. I'm surprised there wasn't a mass orgasm the moment he walked on screen for the first time.

Of course, shortly after that Twilight Zone moment Melbourne's lil' belter Natalie came out on stage and performed an ace version of "Nothing Compares 2 U" - more the Prince version than Sinead O'Connor - wearing... well. Take a look.


I think she's as confused as the rest of us, quite frankly. :/

2 comments:

J.D. said...

OH MY GOD, that's a guy?!?!? I thought Ellen Page got into some kind of horrible accident and had to have surgeries to fix her face!

AAHHHH!!!!!!!!

adam k. said...

Whoa, he really does look like Blossom + Jennifer Connelly.

And Ellen Page, also.