Monday, October 29, 2007

Lars and the Link Girl

Here's some random links for y'all.

The Hot Blog has a video interview with two lovely ladies in the glorious forms of Patricia Clarkson and Emily Mortimer. They discuss Lars the Real Girl. They do not discuss:

  • Witches


  • Elephant Rides in Indonesia


  • How Amy Winehouse gets her hair so high


  • "Agadoo" by Black Lace

So, basically, it's only "alright". Actually, I confess, I haven't watched it because iKlipz is the worst video site in the known universe. I apologise in advance for any computers that get thrown out of the window due to immense frustration.

The Film Experience discusses how "empty" thhis year's best supporting actress category is. I keep pointing to Samantha Morton in Control for the very reasons this piece brings up. It's one of the few oscar "type" performances we've seen for this category. If the Weinsteins actually get off their arses and promote the bloody film then Morton could pull yet another surprise nomination out of her hat.

Scott at Scott To Be Certain discusses this week's episode of Australian Idol. Considering Matt Corby didn't wear a flannel leotard or something equally disastrous I elected not to discuss it. Although Natalie Gauci was of worth, having a lightbulb moment that probably went "Hey, I could win. Maybe if I actually performed and entertained and danced on a piano..." and, alas, she did and, alas, she was in the bottom two alongside The Wrath of Tarasai(!!!!) Girl Sister Dahling exploded on and off stage into the ball of fury that we all knew was lurking within. Sister Girlfriend MmHmmm was sent home, which is disappointing considering the "talent" that is still there.

Also, Marcia is a twit.

I added the second season soundtrack of Twin Peaks and the entire Seinfeld box set to my Amazon Wishlist, which you can see in the sidebar. No takers wanna buy me them? Also, now that Summer Heights High has ended (what a great final episode, huh?) you can buy it. Don't let your summer be a bummer.

Lastly, I got this book as a belated birthday present. It's very pretty and it features Marilyn Monroe on the cover and not Johnny Depp. I even scanned it in so you could see! I now need the 501 Movie Directors book and I already have (two different editions of) 1001 Movies You Must See Before You Die and 1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die.


...so pretty...

No comments: