Monday, October 29, 2007

George Clooney is a Dreamboat...

...on this 1987 second season episode of The Golden Girls called "To Catch a Neighbour". He plays a cop. George Clooney plays a cop (tell me about it!), but he doesn't get to wear a uniform, unfortunately. I always knew he was in an episode, but I just happened to come across him tonight. It was purely by chance that I even put the DVD on - I was all set to go to bed when I took a quick glance at My New Plaid Pants and was too terrified to sleep. The Blair Witch Project does that to me as you know.

So, anyway, here are some screencaps. Because why not?? Click them all to watch Georgy boy grow.














And to prove he's still a fox...



That's Georgy boy at the Venice Film Festival (or was it Toronto?) promoting Michael Clayton, which I am (hopefully) seeing tomorrow night. George's episode of The Golden Girls also featured one of the most randomly hilarious lines I've heard in the series from Dorothy - "You'll have to forgive my mother, she's very upset. She just found out she has the same hairdresser as Whoopi Goldberg."

5 comments:

Hedwig said...

I think he actually got better with age, though he may have hit his peak a few years ago - pre-Syriana, I mean.

JA said...

Well, my scaring you accomplished something, so all is right with the world then. ;-)

adam k. said...

George looks better now - the 80s hair and outfits aren't doing him any favors. But yeah, I think the mid-to-late 90s were his peak.

His eyebrows were bigger back then.

James Henry said...

lol I love the Golden Girls to death and that line is absolutely hilarious. Dorothy is my favorite!

Kamikaze Camel said...

well duh (to everything)